Week of April 20, 2019
Top 10 Posts
1. Easter Duckling and Bunny Nail Art Tutorial
Learn how to create gel nails with ducklings, eggs, and bunnies for Easter.
2. Cardi B’s Nails Featured in New Music Video
Cardi B’s eye-catching flame and checkerboard nails were front and center in the new music video for “Clout.”
3. Social Media: Your New Best Recruiting Tool
With more vacancies to fill than nail techs to fill them, salon owners have to think creatively to fill openings. Some have turned to Instagram and Facebook to attract top talent — and found success.
4. How to Make More Money Without Spending More Time
Learn techniques to raise the ceiling on how much you can earn per appointment. Introducing upsells, passive services, and treatment series can boost your profitability.
5. A Very Cool Use for Mattte Top Coat
The matte nail trend really didn’t click for me until I understood how to use it to create visual texture.
6. Fake Spider Gel With Swarovski Crystals
Celina Ryden creates a nail design with gel and Swarovski crystals.
7. The Perils of Incorrect Pricing — and What to Do About It (Part 1)
Guest blogger Claudia Cordova Papa shares her story about how competing with discount salons on price nearly resulted in the loss of her salon.
8. Essie Introduces Get Tangoed In Love Summer Collection
Transport yourself to the grand storied plazas of Argentina with the new, limited-edition Essie summer 2019 collection.
9. How to Use a Cuticle Sciver Bit
Erica’s ATA’s Cuticle Sciver bit can be used to exfoliate the dead skin around the cuticle and nail plate.
10. Call for Entries: NAILS Mini Masterpiece Contest
NAILS’ Mini Masterpiece Contest allows you to express your creativity and show off your skills while paying homage to art’s greatest masters.
Visit nailsmag.com for more